According to the Financial Reporting Council (FRC), stewardship is the responsible allocation, management, and oversight of capital to create long-term value for clients and beneficiaries leading to sustainable benefits for the economy, the environment, and society.
The release of Invesco's Stewardship Code Report provides a view into Invesco’s approach to stewardship in the UK. Key highlights of the report:
To the extent that anything on this website constitutes a financial promotion it is exempt from the general prohibition in S21 of FSMA on the basis that the site is only intended for investment professionals as such term is defined in S19 of the Financial Promotions Order. Please note that Pensions for Purpose does not provide consultancy services, advice or personal recommendations on any of the investment opportunities mentioned on the platform. We curate content written by Influencer members and do not endorse any underlying funds.
- In 2021, Invesco made significant strides towards their aspiration for firm-wide ESG integration.
- They conducted over 3,000 engagements.
- Invesco voted proxies for 9,057 companies in 73 markets.
- They responded to market-wide risks and promoted a well-functioning financial system by working with other stakeholders, engaging with regulators and policymakers globally.
- Their global proxy voting policy was updated, and they published their good governance principles.
- The firm invested in resources to support their stewardship practices.
Learn more here