This meeting was a discussion about the DWP’s consultation 'Climate and investment reporting: setting expectations and empowering savers' which seeks view on:
- Proposals, draft regulations and draft statutory guidance to require trustees of larger occupational pension schemes, authorised master trusts and authorised schemes providing collective money purchase benefits to measure and report the Paris alignment of their investment portfolios.
- Draft non-statutory guidance explaining best practice in relation to the Statement of Investment Principles (which describes trustees’ climate change and stewardship policies) and draft statutory guidance explaining the DWP's expectations across the Implementation Statement (which describes how trustees have implemented these policies).
The agenda for this online interactive discussion was as follows:
- Welcome from Pensions for Purpose
- Keynote presentation from Tom Rhodes, Policy Advisor, DWP and Melanie Jarman, Climate Change and Responsible Investment, DWP
- Mixed breakout rooms moderated by our forum sponsors, Invesco and Redington, to discuss key questions.
- Return to main meeting – sharing of key insights
To see DWP's slides from this session, please click on the Learn more here button below.
Learn more here