Acre is assisting one of the world's leading asset management groups to source a senior adviser to optimize their capacity to engage with the FTSE 100 on the following topics: climate change, pollution, natural resource stewardship, human rights, culture and ethics, human capital and conduct.
In depth knowledge of these topics/issues are not required for this position as they will be provided by the existing team.
The focus of this role will be as follows:
- Advising the stewardship team on the most effective way to raise these topics at board level to increase the depth and scope of their activities
- Leading high-profile meetings when required and advising on company specific engagement strategies (generally 2-5 yrs in length)
- Mentoring & training their existing stewardship team to improve their capabilities in the two areas above.
A suitable candidate will have the following credentials:
- A strong track record of board level experience in the FTSE 100 or in similarly sized, listed companies in other markets, ideally across a range of sectors.
- A reputation for developing and upholding the highest corporate standards, including board composition and executive remuneration, with experience on a nominations and/ or remuneration board committee desirable.
- Experience gained in sectors with higher exposure in the UK, which include consumer goods and retail, financial services, energy and extractive industries
This is a unique opportunity for a highly experienced executive to drive positive change at the highest levels of the UK corporate world. Expected workload is 3-5 days per month. For more information and to apply please click the button below, or speak to Ian Povey-Hall on +44 (0) 207 400 5851.
Learn more here